Coming To A Mall Near You: The Suicide Bomber

By Sinclere Lee

Since our government is in the bed with the Israeli government in its oppression of the peoples in the Middle East, and with our stupid immigration policies over the past ten years that have allowed millions of potential terrorists from the Middle East to enter this country, it's only a matter of time before the unthinkable happens: the suicide bomber coming to a mall near you!

I know it’s the unthinkable, and I know that we have our guards-up, but terrorists are entering the U.S. everyday from Canada. Canadian immigration laws allows millions of potential suicide bomber from the Middle East to enter their country every year, and that’s the first step to coming across the boarder to the U.S and killing you.

Just like the suicide bomber who blew herself up at a bus stop in Jerusalem's crowded outdoor market Friday, killing six people and wounding at least 84, it’s just a matter of time before they come over here killing Americans.

While Secretary of State Colin Powell is trying to arrange an end to Israeli-Palestinian violence, he need to be protecting our on asses. As a result, we need to start with closing the boarder with Canada until they get their act together, and the includes decrease trade.

Powell, who met earlier with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to urge a withdrawal of Israeli troops from West Bank towns, viewed the scene of the attack from a helicopter, Israeli officials said.

The asphalt at Mahane Yehuda market — which was packed with shoppers when the blast went off just before the start of the Sabbath — was strewn with glass shards, twisted metal, blood and body parts. Five bodies were covered with white sheets by rescue workers. With all that, how close do you think Middle East suicide bombers are to you and your family, real close!

Israel launched its West Bank offensive last month after a string of suicide blasts an sturred up the whole mess. The army said Friday it would bury the bodies of scores of Palestinian gunmen killed in the Jenin refugee camp during the assault. The decision prompted fresh Palestinian allegations Israel had killed hundreds of civilians and was trying to hide the bodies — something Israeli officials deny.

President Bush condemned the Jerusalem blast, said spokesman Ari Fleischer. "There are people in the region who want to disrupt Secretary Powell's mission. The president will not be deterred from seeking peace," Fleischer said. Powell spoke to Sharon to express his regrets.

Israel Radio identified the bomber as Nidal Daraghmeh, a woman from the Jenin refugee camp. Initial news reports said the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, a militia linked to Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, claimed responsibility for the attack.

Police Chief Mickey Levy said the bomber tried to get into the market, then blew herself up near the bus stop shortly after 4 p.m., killing six people and wounding at least 84. A photographer saw the severed head of a woman on the pavement. It was unclear if the count of six included the bomber.

A witness, who gave only his first name, Shimon, said he was standing at the bus stop when the blast went off. "The body of the terrorist fell on me and we were pushed into the Hava bakery," Shimon told Israel Radio. "I couldn't move around because there were pieces of flesh and bodies around me."

Mahane Yehuda has been the scene of frequent suicide bombings in the past. Jerusalem's mayor, Ehud Olmert, who was in the market buying bread and left moments before the blast, denounced U.S. and international pressure on Israel to end its offensive as suicide blasts continue.

"It shocks me that there is an international effort, campaign, to prevent Israel from fighting terror and to make it bend to terror," Olmert said. Friday's blast was the fifth suicide attack since Israel launched its West Bank operation.

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in Geneva the violence in the region had gotten so serious that an international force must be sent quickly to the Palestinian territories. Israel has rejected calls for any international force, a longtime Palestinian demand, but has said it would accept a small group American monitors.

Earlier Friday, Powell began his meetings aimed at bringing a cease-fire after 18 months of violence.

But Powell emerged from his talks with Sharon without a timetable for a withdrawal of troops from Palestinian towns and cities. Powell said he understands Israel's need to defend itself but said "eventually the parties must talk."

Sharon said that "Israel is conducting a war against the Palestinian infrastructure of terror and hopes to end it as soon as possible."

Powell was expected to meet Saturday with Arafat at the Ramallah headquarters where the Palestinian leader has been confined with aides to three rooms by Israeli forces who invaded the compound two weeks ago. In Gaza City, an effigy of Powell was burned in an anti-U.S. protest by thousands of Palestinians.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Maher, escorted in an Israeli military convoy, became the first Arab official to visit Arafat.

Meanwhile, Israel's plan to bury Palestinian gunmen from Jenin camp, the site of the fiercest fighting in the offensive, angered Palestinians.

Israeli army officials have estimated 100 Palestinians were killed in the camp during the eight days of battle. Palestinians claim the toll is much higher and said the burials aimed to hide the number of dead.

Israeli army spokesman Brig. Gen. Ron Kitrey said collection and burial of the bodies in the camp would begin Friday. He said those found with guns will be buried a special cemetery in the Jordan Valley where Lebanese fighters killed in cross-border clashes have been buried in unmarked graves. "The civilians we will try to give back to the Palestinians," Kitrey said.

Kitrey denied Israel was trying to cover up any events in the camp and alleged Palestinian Red Crescent officials have rejected an Israeli offer to retrieve bodies inside.

The Red Cross and the Red Crescent both said Israel had denied them permission to enter the camp. "This is part of their disinformation campaign to hide something," Dr. Hussam Sharkawi of the Red Crescent said.

Palestinian Cabinet Minister Saeb Erekat said the Israelis were trying to cover up the killing of civilians. "They want to hide their crimes, the bodies of the little children and women," Erekat said.

Erekat said that Powell should visit the Jenin camp and witness the "war crimes."

Jenin effectively has been closed to journalists during most of the fighting, so allegations of massacres and mass burials could not be independently confirmed. Journalists who entered the camp briefly Thursday saw no bodies, and the army would not explain where they were.

The devastation was evident in the camp, a poverty-stricken, dusty collection of cement-block buildings that is home to 14,000 people. Israeli tanks and armored personnel carriers crashed through narrow alleys, shaving the fronts off buildings and revealing beds, tables and clothes inside.

"I saw many people die in the streets and when their homes fell down on them," Rami Rateh, a 22-year-old camp resident, said Friday.

The Jenin battle quickly is becoming a symbol of Palestinian resistance to the Israeli occupation. In Gaza, hundreds demonstrated in sympathy of the gunmen who died in Jenin, and doctors in Gaza City said three newborns have been named "Jenin" in the past three day.

On the Israeli side, 23 soldiers were killed in Jenin, 13 in an elaborate ambush involving explosives and gunfire, by far the costliest military encounter for Israel in 18 months of conflict. The Israeli military said Thursday that 4,185 Palestinians had been detained during the operation.

Despite some withdrawals from Palestinian villages, Israeli troops remain in the towns of Jenin, Nablus, Ramallah, Bethlehem, Dura and Dahariyah, south of Hebron. On Friday, Israeli soldiers entered the village Kufr Kalil, near Nablus, and made arrests before leaving, the military said.
A Palestinian woman was killed in her home in Dahariyah, apparently by a stray bullet, Palestinian security officials said.

An armed Palestinian Palestinian opened fire and threw a grenade at the Erez crossing point between Israel and Gaza, killing an Israeli border police men and a Palestinian worker before he was shot dead. The militant Islamic Jihad group claimed responsibility.

In Bethlehem, Israeli officials hinted at flexibility in ending the standoff at the Church of the Nativity between Israeli forces and about 200 armed Palestinians. "There are all kinds of proposals, who would receive them, how they would leave," said Sharon's spokesman Raanan Gissin. "But they must be put on trial in Israel."

Back to home page